The Illustrious Psi Alpha Chapter of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.

Psi Alpha's Chapter History

On February 8, 1941, Sorors Madge P. Harper and Ester Peyton conceptualized the beginning of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated on the campus of South Carolina State College (now South Carolina State University) in Orangeburg, South Carolina. Since then, the chapter has continued to produce numerous hardworking and dedicated Sorors. Currently, Psi Alpha consists of 10 members. 

Psi Alpha is one of the oldest chapters in the organization; therefore, we know that there is a deep heritage that lies within our chapter. The Sorors of the Psi Alpha Chapter respect the endeavors of our founders. We constantly strive to perpetuate the ideals of our founding principles throughout our campus and the Orangeburg community. We are sponsored by the Alpha Omicron Zeta Graduate Chapter.

The majority of our projects are done locally throughout the city of Orangeburg and on the campus of South Carolina State University. Recently, the chapter adopted a highway in Orangeburg that begins at St. Matthews Road & Chestnut Street and extends to Highway 301. In addition, some of the chapter members tutor at Felton Laboratory School and other schools within the Orangeburg County districts. Furthermore, Psi Alpha remembers the older Sorors who have helped make the sorority what is today, by visiting them in their convalescent homes. These are just a few of our community service projects. We look forward to continuing doing service throughout the Orangeburg and University communities.